Mouse Rollovers With Navigation?
Mouse Rollovers With Navigation?
Is there a way to make a (simple) on-mouse rollover on the comic navigation links with the tags (i.e. ***todays_comics***)? If not, can someone help me with the actual code I need if I have to create the navigation?
Dayuse Aka Yuipeter...
Creator of Deathblossom...
Creator of Deathblossom...
Are you talking about buttons or text? For rollover text links, I believe you'd use the same tags as you would otherwise for any other text.
For buttons, you can make them using such program (such as Flash or Imageready) and save it as previous_day.(extension), next_day, first_day, and last_day, and simply upload them into your images folder.
For buttons, you can make them using such program (such as Flash or Imageready) and save it as previous_day.(extension), next_day, first_day, and last_day, and simply upload them into your images folder.

'She seemed, poor woman, to imagine that the French and the Martians might prove very similar.'
-H.G. Wells, War of the Worlds
Image links. And I mean for using rollovers (or mouse overs) with the tags for ***first_day***, ***last_day***, etc. I know how to make rollovers. I just want to know how I can associate the code with the Keenspace tags.
Dayuse Aka Yuipeter...
Creator of Deathblossom...
Creator of Deathblossom...
- Sixguys
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:03 am
- Location: Detroit Area, MI, USA
- Contact:
Keenspace Gear to the rescue! http://gear.keenspace.com/scripts/rollovers.html
Short version: you replace the 4 KeenTags (***whatever***) with a call to a JavaScript (JS) function that's loaded with the page (but from a .js file). You'll need "not over (normal)" and "over" versions of all 4 tags, plus some "disabled" (for the first and last of your archive).
In the given JS file, you must replace all height/width parameters to whatever you need (they're in red).
There's another: http://gear.keenspace.com/scripts/rollovers2.html I'm not quite sure what the difference is; I'm no JS expert. This does require more image files -- that much is clear.
Either way, just follow the instructions on the linked pages. It looks pretty straightforward.
(These are not my creations; I'm just the messenger. No guarantees. Please don't hurt me.)
Short version: you replace the 4 KeenTags (***whatever***) with a call to a JavaScript (JS) function that's loaded with the page (but from a .js file). You'll need "not over (normal)" and "over" versions of all 4 tags, plus some "disabled" (for the first and last of your archive).
In the given JS file, you must replace all height/width parameters to whatever you need (they're in red).
There's another: http://gear.keenspace.com/scripts/rollovers2.html I'm not quite sure what the difference is; I'm no JS expert. This does require more image files -- that much is clear.
Either way, just follow the instructions on the linked pages. It looks pretty straightforward.
(These are not my creations; I'm just the messenger. No guarantees. Please don't hurt me.)
The 6 GUYS In My Head
By Brian Malerich
http://www.6GUYS.com/
Your brain will never work the same way again.
By Brian Malerich
http://www.6GUYS.com/
Your brain will never work the same way again.
No problem. I just wanted to know this for future reference. Right now, I don't want my site to be uber-flashy, but when the time may come...
Thanks.
Thanks.
Dayuse Aka Yuipeter...
Creator of Deathblossom...
Creator of Deathblossom...
- Joel Fagin
- nothos adrisor (GTC)
- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
- Location: City of Lights
- Contact:
Well, like I said, I know how to make rollovers. I use ImageReady.
I was just wondering if I could use the rollover function with the ***tags***...
I was just wondering if I could use the rollover function with the ***tags***...
Dayuse Aka Yuipeter...
Creator of Deathblossom...
Creator of Deathblossom...
Well I wouldn't call myself a javascript guru but I have found a way to make rollovers work.
Now the problem with image swapping is all of the tags are generated for us, but what we can do, since the images are named, is make a table with a border of 0 and a different cell for each image. Now, as properties of these individual cells we have the image swapping script.
With simple navigation the code would look something like this:
Please note that for this code to work, the image that you want the navigation buttons to transform into when the mouse is over them must be named WHATEVER_day_visited.jpg where WHATEVER is the name of the button that you're trying to swap with.
Also note that although all of this code should work, only the previous day swap has been tested.
Now the problem with image swapping is all of the tags are generated for us, but what we can do, since the images are named, is make a table with a border of 0 and a different cell for each image. Now, as properties of these individual cells we have the image swapping script.
With simple navigation the code would look something like this:
Code: Select all
<table border="0">
<tr>
<td onmouseover="document.first_day.src='images/first_day_visited.jpg';"
onmouseout="document.first_day.src='images/first_day.jpg';">
***first_day***
</td>
<td onmouseover="document.previous_day.src='images/previous_day_visited.jpg';" onmouseout="document.previous_day.src='images/previous_day.jpg';">
***previous_day***
</td>
<td onmouseover="document.next_day.src='images/next_day_visited.jpg';" onmouseout="document.next_day.src='images/next_day.jpg';">
***next_day***
</td>
<td onmouseover="document.last_day.src='images/last_day_visited.jpg';" onmouseout="document.last_day.src='images/last_day.jpg';">
***last_day***
</td>
</tr>
</table>
Also note that although all of this code should work, only the previous day swap has been tested.




