Okay, it's been awhile since I logged onto my comic genesis account, but I finally have time to keep updating my comic now and would like to do so. However, I couldn't remember my password. I tried a few guesses but to no avail. So I requested a new password. I got it. I activated it. I tried it. Instead of logging me in, it kept giving me the same log-in box, saying something about connecting to "Comic Genesis Forum". Well, I tried my forum log-in. Nothing. Finally, it looped me to a page that displayed the following:
Your browser did not return the expected response Maq041
Referred from: http://siteadmin.comicgenesis.com/?&logout
User Agent(Browser) reports it is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
No Proxy Detected
Your Actual IP Address: *********** (hidden)
Your browser is broken
Browser status: MSIE 7: Working
Firefox 2.0.0.4: Working
Safari 3.0.2: Working
Opera 9.21 (8776): Working
Nintendo DS Opera: Not working
Please use Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Opera or something that supports HTTP Digest Authentication compliant with RFC2617!
Also you get this if you entered the wrong password, or have never logged out of forums.comicgenesis.com and back in after July 22nd 2007
Logout to try again (hit cancel)
For information purposes, I use Firefox (the latest version). I tried doing log-ins on IE 7.0, Opera (latest version), and even tried updating all 3. Still nothing. I'd REALLY like to log-in to my account soon and start updating again. Can someone please tell me what I need to do?
Can't log in; reset pass did not work [Solved]
- Dr Neo Lao
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2397
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:21 am
- Location: Australia
Re: Can't log in; reset pass did not work
UH, what?
If it was a forum password, it won't make much difference. New forum accounts are currently unable to get into SiteAdmin. But you say your account has been here for a while. When did you first register? If it was in April of 2009 or earlier, you should be able to get into SiteAdmin with that account.
I notice that the error you posted is for a different forum account. Did you recently create a new account?
Also, you don't need to use SiteAdmin to run your comic - you just need your FTP password and an FTP program.
Was that a new forum password or an FTP password?I tried a few guesses but to no avail. So I requested a new password. I got it. I activated it.
If it was a forum password, it won't make much difference. New forum accounts are currently unable to get into SiteAdmin. But you say your account has been here for a while. When did you first register? If it was in April of 2009 or earlier, you should be able to get into SiteAdmin with that account.
I notice that the error you posted is for a different forum account. Did you recently create a new account?
Also, you don't need to use SiteAdmin to run your comic - you just need your FTP password and an FTP program.
Re: Can't log in; reset pass did not work
Okay, so here's a little more detail. I first joined in 2004, and continues updating until 2007. Then I went on hiatus for two years. In that time, I've lost all my activation e-mails, for both the forum and the site. I tried every combo I've ever used to no avail. So I did the password reset for the site. That's what didn't work. As for the forum, I again tried every combo.
My old sign-in name was Maq041 (whether it was capitalized or not I don't know). It's apparently still active, though again, I couldn't get my password right. I tried resetting it, but none of the e-mails I currently have work. So apparently it was signed up with an e-mail I no longer had. I still wanted to get on the forums and ask for help, so I signed up under another name. I hated to do that, but I wasn't sure what else to do.
Right now, I'm at an impasse. I'm not sure what steps to take to recover my old passwords and the like. When I last used ComicGen, I did all my uploading of comics through the site admin, and not through an ftp client. If anyone has any suggestions, again, I'm willing to try anything at this point.
My old sign-in name was Maq041 (whether it was capitalized or not I don't know). It's apparently still active, though again, I couldn't get my password right. I tried resetting it, but none of the e-mails I currently have work. So apparently it was signed up with an e-mail I no longer had. I still wanted to get on the forums and ask for help, so I signed up under another name. I hated to do that, but I wasn't sure what else to do.
Right now, I'm at an impasse. I'm not sure what steps to take to recover my old passwords and the like. When I last used ComicGen, I did all my uploading of comics through the site admin, and not through an ftp client. If anyone has any suggestions, again, I'm willing to try anything at this point.
Re: Can't log in; reset pass did not work
Okay, after some tweaking and a few hours spent, I finally found the e-mail that I signed up with. Once I re-activated that and got my activation e-mail resent to me, I was able to get the whole thing worked out. I'm now able to update again.
Also found my old log-in for the forums (this is it). Things are now back to normal.
Thanks again to everyone who read this and helped out. It's much appreciated.
Also found my old log-in for the forums (this is it). Things are now back to normal.
Thanks again to everyone who read this and helped out. It's much appreciated.
- Dr Neo Lao
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2397
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:21 am
- Location: Australia
Re: Can't log in; reset pass did not work
Well done! Good to see a problem solved. 

