Help with layout and advertisements... (fixed?)

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.
Post Reply
User avatar
MattRo
Regular Poster
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:52 am

Help with layout and advertisements... (fixed?)

Post by MattRo »

I'm trying to update my comic genesis page with a new layout so it isn't looking like the general one that I was given. In doing so I've basically worked up everything that needs to be done and my only problem now is the advertisement.

I have no problem keeping it on and that's not the issue. It's actually the opposite. I'm using frames with my layout and my idea was to have the main CG banner at the very top stay there and then have my layout under it. In the middle of my layout I have the iframe and I was going to include the advertisement on each page in the iframe just like it normally is, except in the iframe.

When I tried to get rid of it on the main page, it didn't go away completely as a little red x showed up. I also tried to get it to load on to each of my "dailytemplate" pages at the top so it was above each comic and all of my content and I got a red x then as well.

When I tried to take it off completely from the dailytemplate page to start over, the system kicked in and put the ad where I wanted it in the first place because I took the ad out of the script.

So by default, I got it to work. However, I'm still having trouble getting rid of the one on the main page, as it's still just a red x which I went ahead and put the ad back in so it now shows up.

My problem now is, do I leave it on the index page and not on the dailytemplate pages, or do I take it off of the index page (it'll still be on it, just in the iframe) and put it on all of the dailytemplate pages?

Well, I'd like to keep it in the iframe completely just so my layout is flush with the long banner at the very top of the page, but no matter which way I choose to go, your system default makes sure the ad is there. Is there any way to fix this? I'm not trying to get rid of the advertising.

You can see my situation at http://theworms.comicgenesis.com/testpage.html

EDIT: Oh yeah, I was originally just going to use my pages from my website since I just made some adjustments to my website's layout so that it would work on comic genesis, so that I could just update my website and it would automatically update the comic genesis site. I didn't want to do this because I read somewhere that if there aren't comics in the queue waiting to be published, after 90 days the account is deleted and I don't want it deleted. If this option is available to me let me know and I'll use it and be done with all this craziness lol.
Last edited by MattRo on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
MattRo
Regular Poster
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:52 am

Re: Help with layout and advertisements...

Post by MattRo »

Ok so, there's nothing I can do or there's nobody that has any clue how to help or there's nobody that wants to help...

I'll just redo my layout. Thanks.
Image

User avatar
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2397
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:21 am
Location: Australia

Re: Help with layout and advertisements... (fixed?)

Post by Dr Neo Lao »

I saw this one earlier but didn't answer in case someone else knew.

Frames have always been a bit dicky on CG. The keentags make it a bit hard.

You ought to be able to make the same layout but using div's instead of frames. That I probably could help you with...

User avatar
MattRo
Regular Poster
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:52 am

Re: Help with layout and advertisements... (fixed?)

Post by MattRo »

I can do <div>'s I'd just rather not. But I see what you're saying and appreciate your help. I'll just redo the layout so that it does what it's supposed to without frames. Since there's a dailytemplate page it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to keep the site looking decent. Thanks Doc.
Image

Post Reply