How do I find out if my POG has been accepted?

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.
Post Reply
User avatar
Gaisen-sama
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:25 am
Location: New York
Contact:

How do I find out if my POG has been accepted?

Post by Gaisen-sama »

Hi. The POG file I submitted has been sitting there waiting for approval. When I checked again today, it was gone. So then I checked the POG directory (the long list of all the POGs) and it wasn't in there either. I haven't been notified by e-mail of anything regarding the POG. What happened? Did it expire?

Also, when saving the POG, I should save it as a PNG-8. Photoshop doesn't show that option, only PNG. Does the "8" mean interlaced? Because the options it gives me when I try to save it as a PNG are "None" and "Interlaced".
Image

User avatar
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2397
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:21 am
Location: Australia

Re: How do I find out if my POG has been accepted?

Post by Dr Neo Lao »

Odd - it shouldn't have disappeared like that.

You may need to just re-upload it. If it is approved, it'll say "yes" in the 'Approved' column. If it is rejected (usually only for technical reasons) then it isn't deleted, you just get a message saying "you need to fix X" where X is what is wrong.

User avatar
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:07 pm
Location: not-France

Re: How do I find out if my POG has been accepted?

Post by Keffria »

Actually, if a pog is rejected for technical reasons, it does get deleted.
Gaisen-sama wrote:Hi. The POG file I submitted has been sitting there waiting for approval. When I checked again today, it was gone. So then I checked the POG directory (the long list of all the POGs) and it wasn't in there either. I haven't been notified by e-mail of anything regarding the POG. What happened? Did it expire?

Also, when saving the POG, I should save it as a PNG-8. Photoshop doesn't show that option, only PNG. Does the "8" mean interlaced? Because the options it gives me when I try to save it as a PNG are "None" and "Interlaced".
If your pog's disappeared, please don't just re-upload it -- it probably means that you did something wrong and the message didn't go through when your pog was deleted.

If you can't save your pog as a PNG-8, it's alright to save it as a GIF.

User avatar
Gaisen-sama
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:25 am
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: How do I find out if my POG has been accepted?

Post by Gaisen-sama »

Okay, so, should I just save it as a .gif this time and upload that?
Image

User avatar
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:07 pm
Location: not-France

Re: How do I find out if my POG has been accepted?

Post by Keffria »

Sure. Just make sure you enable transparency when you save, and maybe have a quick look to make sure there aren't any other reasons why your pog could have been rejected (e.g. bits sticking out beyond the border).

User avatar
Gaisen-sama
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:25 am
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: How do I find out if my POG has been accepted?

Post by Gaisen-sama »

Well, there are some dark pixels in the border layer, the border isn't totally white (pixels), but it already comes like that, I figure it's due to the blue part of the website so it blends. Anyways, I'm more than sure my graphic doesn't go past the white border. I'm gonna try to upload the file now and I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks for the help, you two.

EDIT: Okay, I found out how to save as a PNG-8 using Photoshop CS3. Simple choose the option "File/Save for the Web & Devices". There you can pick w/e file you want to save it as (GIF, JPEG, PNG-8 and more). When saved as a PNG-8 though, the extension of the file name will just appear as ".png" and not ".png-8" or ".png8", but that's how you save it as a PNG-8 using Photoshop CS3 (I don't know if this applies to earlier versions of Photoshop, but I imagine it would).
Image

User avatar
Metruis
Regular Poster
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:30 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: How do I find out if my POG has been accepted?

Post by Metruis »

It applies in CS2 too, at least. Save for web. It still screws me up that that's the only way to get transparencies. To make sure it doesn't extend beyond the border, use the magic wand selector outside of the border, and then click on the picture layer and delete there, just to make sure... in case you didn't already.
Image

Post Reply