Search found 28 matches

by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:20 pm
Forum: Jack
Topic: Has anyone else noticed that the new forum is slow as dirt?
Replies: 10
Views: 6658

It's not a connectivity issue that's causing the slowness. KeenSpace is a free service, and you get what you pay for. You pay nothing... (No, I will not pay for that silly "KeenSpace Premium", because of the absolute a55tacular performance for the freebie service that doesn't really even meet basic ...
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:03 am
Forum: Jack
Topic: livejournal users?
Replies: 67
Views: 5841

On 2002-03-26 05:45, Michael Ezaiany wrote: Welcome to the forum, Nohbody! Not exactly a newbie, but thanks. :grin: Anyhow, I'm on LJ as nohbody (big surprise, huh?) And, apparently, without paying for my account (which isn't going to happen... unemployment kinda ruins the whole "ability to pay for...
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:14 pm
Forum: Jack
Topic: livejournal users?
Replies: 67
Views: 5841

I have 4, I think, codes available, but right now I can't really get anywhere on the LJ site, without setting my alarm clock so I can take a nap and maybe it'll be done by the time I wake up again. :razz: (Yes, I know, if I don't like the freebie server speed, I can either pay or walk. Even the free...
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Fri Mar 15, 2002 4:19 pm
Forum: Jack
Topic: HAHAHAAA!!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!
Replies: 39
Views: 2504

Umm, y'all do realize that, by law, the NSC (National Security Council; president, SecDef, NSA, and Joint Chiefs, IIRC, but don't quote me on that) have to review the US's nuclear weapon contingency plans every year, right? It's far easier to plan for reactions when things are relatively cool than i...
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:27 pm
Forum: Jack
Topic: Arena locked
Replies: 33
Views: 2235

On 2002-03-14 21:13, Ovalescent wrote:
What the hell is a Godwin?
Godwin's Law, named after EFF lawyer Mike Godwin.

See also here for more info.
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Sun Mar 10, 2002 4:28 pm
Forum: Jack
Topic: just out of curiousity...
Replies: 53
Views: 4817

Somehow, Buster, I don't think anyone would really be inclined to argue against you not belonging in jail, or baring that one of those "special" places that are so nice they give their residents "I love me" jackets... Cheap shot aside, 26 here. The relatively low average age isn't all that surprisin...
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:28 pm
Forum: Jack
Topic: Take a wish and what would you sacifice to keep it?
Replies: 83
Views: 4471

You (generic "you") know for a fact that if you pull the trigger, the child dies. But how do you know that the child's death does/causes what this superbeing says it will do? A lot of evil has been done over the centuries, much of it supposedly for some "holy cause", when the reality turns out to be...
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Mon Mar 04, 2002 9:38 pm
Forum: Jack
Topic: Take a wish and what would you sacifice to keep it?
Replies: 83
Views: 4471

On 2002-03-04 06:00, Ashton Webster wrote:
What's up with those children? Why is everyone so afraid to kill a child to save millions?
"[D]o not be too eager to deal out death in judgment; for even the very wise cannot see all ends." - Gandalf, <u>Lord of the Rings</u>
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Sun Mar 03, 2002 9:50 am
Forum: Jack
Topic: The way out of hell
Replies: 34
Views: 2803

On 2002-03-02 23:15, Cypress wrote:
I used to have a budgie named Budgy (original? I think not!)
About as original as a dog named Dog.

(Just got finished reading <u>Good Omens</u> last night. When I get cash I might look into acquiring some more of Pratchett's and Gaiman's works.)
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Sun Mar 03, 2002 9:46 am
Forum: Jack
Topic: Another exercise in pointlessness...
Replies: 68
Views: 6355

On 2002-03-01 23:03, Ovalescent wrote: No, but if it relates to my signature, I can guess what it's about. Is it a good book? I just recently wrote myself a signature, I need to remember to check the box each time. A Modest Proposal , by Jonathan Swift (Why pay for what you can get for free? Swift'...
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Sat Mar 02, 2002 6:23 pm
Forum: Jack
Topic: 5 favourite writers...
Replies: 25
Views: 2289

Oh, gh0d, you would have to limit it to just 5 entries... :razz: Like some others, in no particular order: - Larry Niven (though his last few works have been somewhat disappointing, or, at best, less than some of his earlier works) - Tom Clancy (see above; also, the "Tom Clancy's" stuff is not inclu...
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Fri Mar 01, 2002 9:39 pm
Forum: Jack
Topic: YAY!
Replies: 24
Views: 2073

For better or worse, I can't really say where I went, besides somewhere in the Pacific (the Bremmerton was stationed out of Pearl Harbor at the time... now homeported in San Diego). It was, though.... interesting. Educational, too. I never knew you could identify how important a Chinese crewmember w...
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Thu Feb 28, 2002 8:23 am
Forum: Jack
Topic: Ack what is up with keenspace!!?
Replies: 8
Views: 921

At a guess, KS is feeling the effects of investing in cheap hardware (IDE drives, on a server with a gazillion web comics on it that, collectively, get thousands of hits an hour?! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, interrogative!), and their server fell down and went boom. They aren't having much luck with DNS ...
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Wed Feb 27, 2002 7:34 am
Forum: Jack
Topic: YAY!
Replies: 24
Views: 2073

On 2002-02-27 02:03, Andrick wrote: And, no, none of what I said came from Periscope Down. My recruitment/training predates that film by a good five years. My friends and I used to go watch 'military' movies just to heckle all of the things which aren't true or glaringly (to us) wrong. Sorry about ...
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Tue Feb 26, 2002 3:20 pm
Forum: Jack
Topic: YAY!
Replies: 24
Views: 2073

On 2002-02-25 08:15, Cypress wrote: To the Bane of the not-so-ancient submariner, I presume you work in a nuclear sub huh? I know the fision between the water and the reactor creates oxygen... Ok, im not sure but I'm assuming with a 95% surety anyway. *Cough*, when lets say, your reactor goes off a...
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Mon Feb 25, 2002 12:11 am
Forum: Jack
Topic: YAY!
Replies: 24
Views: 2073

Methinks someone's been watching Down Periscope a bit too much... HY-80 doesn't compress quite as much as movie sub hull.

*diving klaxon sounds*

"Dive, dive, dive."

*vanishes*


:grin:
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Wed Feb 20, 2002 7:02 am
Forum: Jack
Topic: Ok...what's goin' on?
Replies: 16
Views: 1589

On 2002-02-18 01:45, Fergus wrote: Ich. Forum itself is extremely uncool. (sorry, colors and things are uncool. Forum's residents are still cool) What happened? I take it you weren't consulted Dave? Considering that Dave's getting free web space for Jack (with the traffic of this board and for the ...
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Wed Feb 20, 2002 6:47 am
Forum: Jack
Topic: The Jack report.
Replies: 22
Views: 3177

BTW, if you need a fixed-width font, for things like tables or ASCII art, use the (code)(/code) tags. (make the obvious change) _____ ______ ______ / | | | | | ____ |_____ |_____ | | | | | _____/ |______ |______ what I mean? :smile:
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Wed Feb 20, 2002 6:30 am
Forum: Jack
Topic: David, out of all you have done..this one really hits hard
Replies: 30
Views: 3185

No, Taps isn't for everyone, but unlike real life, you don't have to deal with it if you don't want to. Yeah, I know the idea of taking responsibility for your own actions is considered passe, in some circles, but if you won't, why should anyone else? (Obviously, someone who physically or mentally c...
by ZOMBIE USER 7441
Fri Feb 15, 2002 10:57 am
Forum: Jack
Topic: [2/15/02] I take it...
Replies: 20
Views: 1798

Given that Silver has been "killed" many times (go back a bit in the "day in the life" arc, when she's doing the "sacrificed princess" bit for Vince... the comments imply that it's not the first time she's "died"), I kinda doubt that'll be the end of the character. Where David does decide to go with...