Search found 13 matches

by Caybo
Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:36 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: What are you going to do after your comic ends?
Replies: 70
Views: 4534

I'd have to come up with a new way to annoy my close friends twice a week... I'm sure I'll come up with something. Drunken calls at 2am probably.
by Caybo
Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:44 am
Forum: Technique Tips and Tricks
Topic: Simple sketch. Any constructive criticism?
Replies: 16
Views: 2268

I'd look at some doorframes, as that first panel the door looks very flat against it's frame. Doors don't run into the walls, but rather stand a bit out when they're opened. That seems to be the only thing that really caught my eye from a perspective point of view that could really enhance the drawi...
by Caybo
Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:37 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Famous Wizard comes out of closet
Replies: 63
Views: 4501

There'll always be a place for old headmaster porn now. Thanks, J.K.!
by Caybo
Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:30 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: The STYLE challenge!
Replies: 17
Views: 1436

That pretty much the method I used to teach myself to draw. I sat around in my room drawing images from comic books. It's a good self-teaching method in my opinion.

Now, I need to search through my old sketchbooks, and dig up some of my old, copied images. :)
by Caybo
Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:25 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Does being fat and sloppy ruin your career?
Replies: 49
Views: 2406

I've had a few fat, slob bosses, so apparently, they can manage to get jobs and even move up the ladder. Like a few have mentioned, it seems to be interviewer bias. If your interviewer doesn't like fat people, they won't get the job. If they don't like pretty people, they won't get the job. You can'...
by Caybo
Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:51 am
Forum: KeenIME
Topic: Anyone interested in pointing me towards some good 'uns?
Replies: 30
Views: 47003

Even the Japanese version isn't that great man. I would recommend the manga vastly over the anime. Anime suffers from a tooon of filler. I agree, as I pretty much went to the manga with the CP9 arc. But, I think that in general all of the ongoing animes based on mangas suffer from filler issues. Bu...
by Caybo
Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:02 pm
Forum: KeenIME
Topic: Anyone interested in pointing me towards some good 'uns?
Replies: 30
Views: 47003

My friend recently hooked me to One Piece, and I watched around 200 episodes over about a month. It's probably my favorite ongoing anime series. Though, avoid the 4Kids English versions at all costs. :O
by Caybo
Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:16 pm
Forum: Technique Tips and Tricks
Topic: Random Panel from latest comic drawn
Replies: 5
Views: 1446

The person ducking seems to have legs that are too long, or a smaller upper body, as the foreshortening seems a bit over-exaggerated to my eyes. Beyond that pretty simple fix, I think the wall needs a better impact effect where the fist hits, as someone else mentioned.
by Caybo
Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:14 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Are you right or left-brained?
Replies: 94
Views: 3491

My right-brain dominates, and after much focus and lost time I saw the counterclockwise spin. The image hypnotizes!
by Caybo
Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:05 pm
Forum: Technique Tips and Tricks
Topic: Comic sound effects
Replies: 13
Views: 1006

I think that writing out the sound effects phonetically or going the more cartoon-y route of "Whoosh!", "Boom!", etc. Both ways work for me when reading, but my pet peeve is rotating between the two. I'd say whichever route you go with, stick with it. I don't think anyone will fault you either way, ...
by Caybo
Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:21 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Do you like internety comics?
Replies: 18
Views: 2531

Strip comics need to be hilarious or very well drawn for me to keep coming back, but I tend to be a lot more forgiving of page format comics. I like long, stories that reward me for keep coming back to read. That and good art, it almost always sells things for me, as I can't really bare to look at s...
by Caybo
Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:07 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: What is the best unfinished comic story ever?
Replies: 40
Views: 3894

Steampunk by Bachalo and Joe Kelly, which left us hanging at the end of the second act. And of course, Battle Chasers by Joe Mad. Damn him, yet I still love him like an abused spouse.
by Caybo
Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:42 pm
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: Insane Undertakings
Replies: 0
Views: 764

Insane Undertakings

Insane Undertakings is a joint project by myself and my friend, featuring two different comics. It's been around for a long time, circa 2003, but I've honestly, never thought to look into promoting it until now, and Insane Undertakings is in the page range of 200+. The first comic is Quetros, a fant...