Search found 12 matches

by Evilplan
Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:50 am
Forum: Help Center
Topic: Terminting My account
Replies: 2
Views: 445

Terminting My account

I'm leaving Comicgenesis, and I wanted to know how I should go about telling the admins. am I supposed to post it here, or should I contact someone via E-mail? I want to make sure that I handle this in a respectful manner and go through the proper channels.
by Evilplan
Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:44 pm
Forum: Help Center
Topic: Old comic pages not existing
Replies: 2
Views: 539

Right. I still have my comics in my public_html/comics folder, they were never deleted.
I also loaded a new dailytemplate page and ran a full update, but it still doesn't seem to be working.
by Evilplan
Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:38 am
Forum: Help Center
Topic: Old comic pages not existing
Replies: 2
Views: 539

Old comic pages not existing

Okay, this has me totally befuddled. So far, I've uploaded five comics to my site. The newest one and the first one are showing up all right, but when I try to access the three in the middle, they're gone, along with their pages. I checked my website's "d" folder (which I'm assuming keeps the pages ...
by Evilplan
Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:30 pm
Forum: Help Center
Topic: My comic is not showing up
Replies: 11
Views: 545

Ah, it is working now! Thank you guys so much. :D
by Evilplan
Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:30 am
Forum: Help Center
Topic: My comic is not showing up
Replies: 11
Views: 545

Thank you, Oualawouzou. I deleted all the index and index template files in my public html folder (but not the workspace!), and did a full update, just to make sure that it got everything. After the update went through, I checked back, and it still doesn't seem to be working. Any other ideas?
by Evilplan
Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:12 pm
Forum: Help Center
Topic: My comic is not showing up
Replies: 11
Views: 545

yes. I checked the HTML on the page in my Keenspace FTP, and it has the ***todays_comics*** tag where the current source code on the site says http://evilplan.comicgenesis.com/comics ... 060901.JPG
Is my tag wrong?
by Evilplan
Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:54 pm
Forum: Help Center
Topic: My comic is not showing up
Replies: 11
Views: 545

I'm sorry, you're right, I should've posted a link. ^_^; I forgot that some people look at the code. Thank you so much. Well, I made sure to delete wthe old file in d, so I know that can't be what was wrong. And that problem with the url is driving me crazy, since that's still for the old comic, not...
by Evilplan
Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:43 am
Forum: Help Center
Topic: My comic is not showing up
Replies: 11
Views: 545

My comic is not showing up

I went through the FAQ and tutorials, but my comic is not yet showing up. I deleted the sample comic, as I decided to redo the first few comics, and I uploaded the new comic in as "20061017.JPG" on Sunday, hoping to give it time to update by itself. Well, the old comic is gone, but the new one hasn'...
by Evilplan
Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:24 pm
Forum: Technique Tips and Tricks
Topic: English or Japanese?
Replies: 27
Views: 2478

Wow. I am so happy to have joined this community. This exactly the kind of thought-out, useful advice I needed. Thank you guys very much. I will stick with English sound effects, but I like the idea of using the Japanese for a parody. Our webcomic will mostly be parodying American concepts, but I wa...
by Evilplan
Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:36 am
Forum: Technique Tips and Tricks
Topic: English or Japanese?
Replies: 27
Views: 2478

English or Japanese?

Is it annoying or cool to write sound effects in hiragana (Japanese)? Being American, I've always done them in English. However, I was wondering if that would help create an atmosphere. Also, sound effects in hiragana seem to be more acceptable nowadays. So I'd value hearing what you have to say on ...
by Evilplan
Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:44 am
Forum: Help Center
Topic: Having Trouble With Ads
Replies: 45
Views: 7459

To Evilplan: I don't think it's any of your fault, or the way your html is written that the ads aren't displaying. And even if you are using a program to write it, means there's less chance of you making a mistake. I hand write all of my html, and the ads aren't showing up for me either. It shows u...
by Evilplan
Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:04 am
Forum: Help Center
Topic: Having Trouble With Ads
Replies: 45
Views: 7459

Me too.

I guess I'm just adding myself to the list of people that this has been happening to. The ads on every page except my index one have not been showing up, and I have also been getting the "<!-- Duplicate or miss-placed ad removed -->" message. Should I continue to post on this thread, or should I sta...