Search found 42 matches

by Numina
Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:40 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Chair in the bog foggy pumpernickel dot!
Replies: 40
Views: 2955

Warren wrote:Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
You cunning linguist.
by Numina
Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:02 pm
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: The Paragon Project
Replies: 5
Views: 560

You have very few strips, and not much happening so far. Not interesting enough to comment on yet. Though I will suggest that you put the navigation buttons next to the strip, rather than forcing people to scroll past your long text box to find them.
by Numina
Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:34 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Hunter S. Thompson--Suicide at 67
Replies: 26
Views: 1590

Obviously I posted this at the wrong Goddamn forum. Sadly so. I suppose most of the younger generation only knows about him because Johnny Depp played him in a movie, if that. He was one of the most influential journalists ever, and there was far more to the man than "getting stoned next to a typew...
by Numina
Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:42 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: the "re-imagining" of bugs bunny
Replies: 143
Views: 6662

I never actually noticed how lazy some of hanna barbera cartoons were until I watched boomerang for a while. They used a lot of the same voice actors, for different characters, and recycled backgrounds all the time. It's almost like they wanted to see how many cartoons they could make at some point...
by Numina
Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:26 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: I don't know what to say about the latest sexy banner ad...
Replies: 27
Views: 2294

.... these are real ads? I've never seen them thanks to my own ad-blockers. (And after a quick Google search...) Oh, my goodness. I knew about match.com, but some of these online dating services are hilarious ! From true.com: Married People Will Be Prosecuted WARNING: Married people need not apply I...
by Numina
Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:40 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Emotionally exausted (warning: venting ahead)
Replies: 20
Views: 1895

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties, Christwriter.

I will echo what faub said, though. This is a toxic situation, and is not likely to get better while you are still living there.
by Numina
Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:01 pm
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: cloneroids
Replies: 4
Views: 693

This is not funny either.
by Numina
Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:43 pm
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: My Daily Comic
Replies: 38
Views: 3622

This is..... not funny.
by Numina
Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:33 pm
Forum: Help Center
Topic: General Formatting with AutoKeen...
Replies: 4
Views: 373

Another option would be to use CSS and specify padding for IMG tags within the section in which your comics are displayed.
by Numina
Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:25 pm
Forum: Help Center
Topic: Please do NOT e-mail your comics
Replies: 40
Views: 11728

christwriter wrote: That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've heard of since one of our old foster boys tried to starch his pants with a potatoe.
Actually, that sounds.... well, inventive, at least.
by Numina
Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:20 am
Forum: Comic Pitching
Topic: Freedom Fries
Replies: 41
Views: 3050

what the hell..... Am I expected to be nice, to be kind and let you do your own thing? Well I'm not going to stop anything because I dont have the right to, could you at least put the comic on un lined paper and TRY a little with the writing so It's actually legible. I dont really find It that funn...
by Numina
Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:34 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Newspaper and web comics... COMBINED!
Replies: 66
Views: 3418

Jigglyman wrote:
*sighs*

http://tinyurl.com/46tdp
I'm sorry. When you said you were twelve, it was such a glib comment, I thought you were joking. And you really seemed too expressive to be a twelve year-old.

Please consider it a compliment that I found it hard to believe you are so young!
by Numina
Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:59 am
Forum: Help Center
Topic: ***Insert Filename*** Help
Replies: 2
Views: 283

The tag is ***include***, not ***insert***.
by Numina
Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:57 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Newspaper and web comics... COMBINED!
Replies: 66
Views: 3418

I don't believe you are 12, though I don't begrudge you the amusement you must be having at convincing people you are. But congratulations anyway: your accomplishment is certainly to be admired!
by Numina
Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:04 am
Forum: Help Center
Topic: I don't wanna use Keenspace Tags....
Replies: 7
Views: 635

To answer the real question, though, I do believe you can do everything manually and not use the tags, save for one. You HAVE to have the ***advertisement*** tag there at the top of your page as part of the licence agreement. Well, you could manually paste the code that the ***advertisement*** tag ...
by Numina
Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:38 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Willy Wonka
Replies: 65
Views: 3280

If the new version does not have a girl turning into a giant blueberry, even Johnny Depp cannot redeem it!
by Numina
Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:15 am
Forum: Help Center
Topic: Auto update not working right.
Replies: 20
Views: 1416

I have my update offset time set for 1am PST. I put the file in my workspace/comics directory yesterday afternoon, and put the date as 20050212, which is today. It still is not showing up. This is getting really frustrating -- any ideas as to what's screwing it up? :cry: It never has done this to m...
by Numina
Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:43 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: How would one go about getting an artist?
Replies: 28
Views: 3036

Mercury Hat wrote: Boo, you hit a peeve of mine. I am not a kitsune. I never will be a kitsune.
But would a kitsune admit to being a kitsune?

They're tricksy.
by Numina
Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:56 pm
Forum: Help Center
Topic: Auto update not working right.
Replies: 20
Views: 1416

Even after Autokeen runs and moves your comics into public_html/comics, there appears to be a second script that must run to make your comics viewable. This script is executed at the time you set in your Admin control panel (if you enabled automatic updates). If you set a time previous to the curren...
by Numina
Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:03 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Guilt-laden confessions
Replies: 162
Views: 12620

Van Douchebag wrote: I threw away a $650 job from HentaiKey to work on White Hydra.
I'm not even going to ask what "HentaiKey" is, but I've been meaning to ask you, and I hope you don't take this the wrong way....

Is "exclamation" supposed to be mispelled in your banner?