Search found 161 matches

by Lintjinks
Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:18 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: How long did it take for your comic to get popular?
Replies: 354
Views: 17820

I can't give you a quick link to the post yo gave me about an End Of Year Report, lint, because I don't remember where that particular forum is...and the document file I copied it all onto I can't access because... Oh, wait. That's that impromptu review I did, right? Or something. I do remember tha...
by Lintjinks
Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:04 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: How long did it take for your comic to get popular?
Replies: 354
Views: 17820

Um, hey. It's been ages since I've lurked these forums and likely only Keff remembers who I am (...perhaps vaguely?)... Aw, I'd never forget you! And not just because we still have a collaboration to finish. <3 That collaboration is getting pretty ancient, too! Your first page says '05 on it, altho...
by Lintjinks
Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:10 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: How long did it take for your comic to get popular?
Replies: 354
Views: 17820

Dutch! wrote: You contributed to one of School Spirit's End Of Year Report Strips a year or so back. We little webcomickers remember things like that, eh? :)
Hey Dutch!

Um... crap, I don't remember that! Ha!

Care to link to refresh my sorry excuse for a memory? :oops:
by Lintjinks
Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:37 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: How long did it take for your comic to get popular?
Replies: 354
Views: 17820

Um, hey. It's been ages since I've lurked these forums and likely only Keff remembers who I am (...perhaps vaguely?), but two cents. This thread reminded me that Lint is turning 3 this week, which means I need to put safety locks on all the cabinets. Okay, the original question, how long does it tak...
by Lintjinks
Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:22 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: So where do you get your inspiration?
Replies: 65
Views: 3445

I really really really needed to make fun of the fantasy genre.


Sorry.
by Lintjinks
Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:14 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Grayscale vs Colour
Replies: 68
Views: 3258

In my pack of "favorite" webcomics, there are both color and greyscale. Both are nice. I started out doing my comic in greyscale, then moved to color after about 60 pages. In greyscale you can do more "fudging", as in, "I'm too lazy to put anything here, so I'll put a blob of grey-ish stuff." I real...
by Lintjinks
Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:03 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Does anyone know anything about Lulu Books?
Replies: 17
Views: 1555

I've very much enjoyed using Lulu just for the no-hassle factor, it looks very professional, and the color version is especially high quality. I would only recommend the perfect paperback binding. I ordered one saddle-stitched to compare, and the saddle stitched covers don't look very good at all. A...
by Lintjinks
Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:13 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Flatwood: Dear Keen, I'm Leaving...
Replies: 17
Views: 1823

:D
by Lintjinks
Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:44 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Someone offered to help publish my comic today!
Replies: 19
Views: 930

LOL, that conversation was adorable, Dutch!
by Lintjinks
Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:04 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Darken and The'elven Reviews
Replies: 94
Views: 4118

legostargalactica wrote:yeah! Darken! I read it some time ago! I am currently very happy Komi's doing the lazy grind cause it means more darken, more often!!!
Ditto! ::cheers on Darken::
by Lintjinks
Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:04 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Pointless leaves keenspace
Replies: 29
Views: 1643

Congrats, Derenge. I'm leaving Keenspace this week for all the same reasons, although didn't really feel justified in creating a whole new thread for it since I'm only an "on-the-fringes" member of the community. I especially just wanted the whole "complete control over my own website" part, althoug...
by Lintjinks
Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:59 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: How Can I Promote My Webcomic?
Replies: 142
Views: 6572

My biggest drawback is the fact that I have very little time to visit forums and I don't want to be the guy that runs in, plugs a comic and leaves. I hadn't posted here yet primarily because I wanted to wait for the main storyline to start before everyone rushed over to see it. I am a new artist an...
by Lintjinks
Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:03 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: How Can I Promote My Webcomic?
Replies: 142
Views: 6572

Aside from this, if updating in time means going to bed at 3:30am because I have to finish colouring, 3:30am it is. In a nutshell: it's been said several times, but you have to work very hard. If you can dedicate 30 hours a week to your comic, do it. If you can dedicate more, better. When I went to...
by Lintjinks
Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:41 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: How Can I Promote My Webcomic?
Replies: 142
Views: 6572

You seem to be misunderstanding. There's nothing wrong with smut (ok, so there's a few people who disagree with me). It's smut that's out of context. Elf Life was not run like a fanservice comic. And yet somehow, fanservice got in there, just for the heck of it. 'Zzaxtly And the Avatar is totally m...
by Lintjinks
Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:48 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Guest art for "the noob"'s birthday?
Replies: 58
Views: 3053

Congrats on the big One, Gianna :D
by Lintjinks
Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:41 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: How Can I Promote My Webcomic?
Replies: 142
Views: 6572

Carsonfire found that out (Elf Life) when he started getting intermittent with his updates. Even now he's still struggling to get back those readers, and to update promptly. I think part of that also has to do with how he started out with a charming story and added a bunch of smut. That turned me o...
by Lintjinks
Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:29 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Web to print comics
Replies: 38
Views: 4189

If lulu.com charges $20 for a 120 page book, I would call that overpriced unless it's full color. I would say, keep the costs down as much as possible, include profit for yourself, even if you don't think you want it. You made the thing. Get a little back from in. The people buying your comic are t...
by Lintjinks
Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:05 am
Forum: Archives
Topic: Discussion thread for Webcomic Above
Replies: 102
Views: 38514

Heyo :) I can't really participate in this sort of thing unless I take some time to read through archives and put out a decent review. My placeholder was there for about a week or so, but I didn't think that would be much of a problem. Apparently some people here need to sit back, take a deep breath...
by Lintjinks
Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:48 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Web to print comics
Replies: 38
Views: 4189

After a lot of research on the possibilities, I used Lulu . They're really easy and handle all the print-on-demand, shipping, etc. All I had to do was organize it into a .pdf file. It worked well for what I wanted from a publisher, which was just to get my comic available in a no-frills decent-look...
by Lintjinks
Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:12 am
Forum: Archives
Topic: Return of Webcomic Above!
Replies: 122
Views: 43389

Alrighty, you've officially guilted me into reviewing Station V3 already. It's up. :D