Search found 45 matches

by Treble
Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:39 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: ok, this seriously freaked me out
Replies: 88
Views: 3860

I remember Kent State, even though I was young at the time.
The "Patriot Act" and things like this sure remind me of the "tin soldiers and Nixon coming"
by Treble
Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:38 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The Scariest Ex...
Replies: 144
Views: 7969

OK, 1st On Topic post in about 3 days: Back in the 1990's, My (soon-to-be) ex admitted to having an affair by telling me she had gone to get an HIV test. Then wouldn't tell me the result. She went from being a pita to *real* scary with that one simple sentence. Luckily, we were both in the clear.......
by Treble
Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:43 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Like, censorship and stuff
Replies: 30
Views: 2214

Well, after reading yall's descriptions here, I think I better spice up my plotlines...Shed some clothes, use more consecutive punctuation marks, maybe actually use the knuckle sandwich instead of just brandishing it...hmmmm.... *tears 3 months of storyboards out of sketch book* Ah....the challenge ...
by Treble
Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:37 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Insert Boring-Ass Saturday/Sunday Details Here
Replies: 17
Views: 1190

Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.
Thank you , Mr E.
by Treble
Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:35 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Some cleanup...
Replies: 89
Views: 3945

Uh...I have a confession to make... When trying out new things, like posting an img or changing my sig, or something, I would pick a very old post that had only one or two answers, post my experiment to it, then see how it worked. Lather rinse repeat. That may screw up your purge if a lot of people ...
by Treble
Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:05 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Random Ten Word Story!
Replies: 41
Views: 2609

members of the space monkey mafia equipped with machine parts
by Treble
Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:15 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Word Jumble!
Replies: 243
Views: 10514

house five
by Treble
Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:38 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Word Jumble!
Replies: 243
Views: 10514

on my face (...as I surrender!) :)
by Treble
Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:23 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Word Jumble!
Replies: 243
Views: 10514

brothers (song by Springsteen, if you're wondering)
by Treble
Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:20 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Word Jumble!
Replies: 243
Views: 10514

macabre
by Treble
Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:10 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Word Jumble!
Replies: 243
Views: 10514

Line
by Treble
Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:45 pm
Forum: Help Center
Topic: NewsBOX or NewsHACK?
Replies: 127
Views: 37986

Phalanx wrote: Beta testing! Yaay! I like beta testing. Actually, it sounds like Kooossh testing. Make a big box with all kinds of flashing lights and things that go whir whir and around and around... Then push off the bridge and see if it goes "Kooossh!!!" when it hits the water.... But still fun! :P
by Treble
Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:40 pm
Forum: Help Center
Topic: Goofy code
Replies: 10
Views: 1063

oooh ooh...Faub, you use Gimp? I just started learning it...can I bug you if I get stuck on something? Note: I am accustomed to the sink-or-swim on-the-job training method - and the top of my monitor has dents in it from my forehead. That is, I'm really, really stubborn about figuring it out on my o...
by Treble
Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:17 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Need a decent question.
Replies: 45
Views: 2886

Thanx to whoeverm for deleting my double post. Keen forums went semi-offline to me just as I posted...seemed to crash. Don't know if it actually did, but I was unable to get to forums.keenspace for half a day after that big post. Anyway, yarps, you made me look it up: First, where to find some snowf...
by Treble
Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:13 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Need a decent question.
Replies: 45
Views: 2886

Yarpsdat: The roll of dice is random, but the shape of the dice are not. They always land flat on the table, because that's how they're shaped. You never know what number will be up, because that's random. Same with freezing water molecules that accumulate on a crystal. The shape is determined by th...
by Treble
Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:34 am
Forum: Help Center
Topic: FTP frustration
Replies: 53
Views: 9200

PS: my post was in answer to Gorga's question on how to add navigation links, etc.
by Treble
Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:29 am
Forum: Help Center
Topic: FTP frustration
Replies: 53
Views: 9200

Here it is: http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.php?t=54103 I just started here Nov/Dec. I recommend: Read this tagtorial ENTIRELY, then go back and read it while you use it. There's 95% of everything you need, right there. It takes some time to absorb, so reading and rereading is a must. I found ...
by Treble
Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:09 am
Forum: Help Center
Topic: Help, new member
Replies: 4
Views: 693

Did you get and respond to the "verification" email? I had trouble because my ISP started using Spews.org, a "realtime blackhole list" (RBL). RBLs are a very aggressive, (evil) form of spam blocking. The effect here is that the first email sent to me is blocked. The RBL waits for the sender's email ...
by Treble
Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:49 pm
Forum: Help Center
Topic: Keenspace Help
Replies: 7
Views: 725

My site is slightly more complex than the standard template, so you might want to look at it for an example. It validates as Transitional XHTML, so I know it doesn't have really glaring errors. It ain't fancy, so you can use it as a do-it-yourself tutorial. It uses the W3 recommendation to layout yo...
by Treble
Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:32 pm
Forum: Help Center
Topic: Need some html help with spacing
Replies: 8
Views: 678

about the 1600*1200....here's an idea: In MSpaint, create a bitmap that is exactly 800*600. Put a black border around it, fill it with white. Save as bitmap or Jpg. Make it your wallpaper when laying out webpages and checking the spacing on your comic. Make your browser exactly as large as the bitma...