Search found 4678 matches

by Nyke
Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:53 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Dresden Files RPG over IRC
Replies: 0
Views: 413

Dresden Files RPG over IRC

I got the game. I'm asking if anyone here would like to play over IRC. For those of you that aren't in the know: http://www.dresdenfilesrpg.com/ And There's even a Cracked topic on the series. A summary of the setting, from the site: For most people, Chicago is Chicago, America is America, and Earth...
by Nyke
Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:02 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: IRC FATE game
Replies: 0
Views: 312

IRC FATE game

I'm trying to put together a FATE game over IRC, about a private organization of psychics doing jobs in the Modern United States. This sort of builds off of Spirit of the Century (SRD at http://crackmonkey.org/~nick/loyhargil/fate3/fate3.html ) and from what I remember of the Dresden Files RPG. FATE...
by Nyke
Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:41 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Good ideas that work out horribly
Replies: 21
Views: 1654

Re: Good ideas that work out horribly

Koad wrote:
Phact0rri wrote:Hot girls are pretty much a daily occurrence(I live in LA)
Now he's just rubbing it in.
:x
Apparently, the "Good ideas that work out horribly" topic was a good idea that worked out horribly.
by Nyke
Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:41 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: D&D 4e Game
Replies: 8
Views: 615

Re: D&D 4e Game

Okay, there might be a little problem in number, and a little problem in scheduling. Hopefully, this bump will help me. I can manage every other Saturday (including 7/17), but not every Saturday. We'll probably go a little slower than I want, but I'm okay with that. Second, I'm in the process of mes...
by Nyke
Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:50 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: D&D 4e Game
Replies: 8
Views: 615

Re: D&D 4e Game

I'd definitely be interested since I've not had luck yet finding a local game (though hopefully that'll change when I put some flyers up). I'm not going to say when I'm available because quite frankly I'm way away from everyone else's time zone. Figure out when the group will play, and I'll either ...
by Nyke
Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:33 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: D&D 4e Game
Replies: 8
Views: 615

D&D 4e Game

Yeah, I don't post as much as I once did. I don't even know what my avatar looks like anymore. I'm more on chat. Anyway, I've been tooling with my own D&D4e/d20 modern hybrid. I've got some experience playing, and I want to see what it's like from the other side of the screen in a D&D game, to see i...
by Nyke
Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:37 pm
Forum: Community Get-Togethers
Topic: Cookout 2010: Omaha
Replies: 27
Views: 25922

Re: Cookout 2010: Omaha

I came all the way back over here to say I'm up for it. Mom will be with me, as it's too far for just me.
by Nyke
Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:57 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Be mad about change here
Replies: 93
Views: 2691

Re: Be mad about change here

These changes confuse and infuriate me!

...that seems strangely familiar.
by Nyke
Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:51 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Who else here is a TV Troper?
Replies: 62
Views: 2485

Re: Who else here is a TV Troper?

Jim North wrote:I've found that the best way to keep from getting endlessly sucked into the site is to go ahead and give in to it. Eventually you'll have read everything and won't need to keep on link-clicking!
Well, that, and you'll be dead in four or five days.
by Nyke
Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:46 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Welcome to Generoff Discussopic
Replies: 40
Views: 2951

Re: Welcome to Generoff Discussopic

YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL!

*runs off, jumps through a window*
*realizes he should've opened the window before jumping through*
*realizes he jumped through a 90th story window.*
by Nyke
Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:28 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Old people are dropping like celebrities!
Replies: 11
Views: 608

Re: Old people are dropping like celebrities!

I swear, that award is like a death sentence or something.
by Nyke
Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:30 pm
Forum: Community Get-Togethers
Topic: Cookout 5 arrival thread (per request)
Replies: 29
Views: 10223

Re: Cookout 5 arrival thread (per request)

My mother and I made it to SL alive.
by Nyke
Sat May 31, 2008 7:22 pm
Forum: Community Get-Togethers
Topic: Cookout 5 arrival thread (per request)
Replies: 29
Views: 10223

Re: Cookout 5 arrival thread (per request)

Mom and I'll be leaving Des Moines on Friday.
by Nyke
Sat May 31, 2008 6:56 pm
Forum: Community Get-Togethers
Topic: The 2008 St.L. Cookout RPG Thread
Replies: 21
Views: 6407

Re: The 2008 St.L. Cookout RPG Thread

Jim North wrote:Um, I'm not going anymore, remember? No more Shadowrun game.

Not one run by me, anyway.
Dammit, wasn't paying attention.

I could set up a game and have it ignored again...
by Nyke
Fri May 23, 2008 9:20 pm
Forum: Community Get-Togethers
Topic: The 2008 St.L. Cookout RPG Thread
Replies: 21
Views: 6407

Re:

Okay, would have posted this way earlier, but I had to take some time to refamiliarize myself with the rules since I'd only read through them once before . . . GameMaster: Jim North Game: Shadowrun 4E Max Players: 5 Suggested Archetypes: One or two fighters, a hacker, a magician, a rigger, and opti...
by Nyke
Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:12 pm
Forum: Community Get-Togethers
Topic: The Official St. Louis Comic Cookout 2008 (Cookout V) Thread
Replies: 280
Views: 42604

Re: The Official St. Louis Comic Cookout 2008 (Cookout V) Thread

Okay, we've got our registration fees in.
by Nyke
Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:33 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: This is the most idiotic premise for a video game ever...
Replies: 46
Views: 2447

Re: This is the most idiotic premise for a video game ever...

Every time you say "This is the most idiotic premise for a video game ever", Video Game developers have a sudden urge to prove you wrong.
by Nyke
Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:16 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Gimme some love!
Replies: 127
Views: 3073

Re: Gimme some love!

I feel young. You make me feel older. Stop making me feel older.

And oh yeah, happy crotchdropping day!
by Nyke
Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:59 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: This is the most idiotic premise for a video game ever...
Replies: 46
Views: 2447

Re: This is the most idiotic premise for a video game ever...

ahaugen wrote:
MixedMyth wrote:
ahaugen wrote: that memo was written by communists!
You mean terrorists.
I mean terrorist communist Nazis
Shut up, you Terrorist Commie Mutant Nazi Traitor. We KNOW what you mean.

And now we're limited in embeded quotes? One step forward, three back?
by Nyke
Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:26 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Nerd Holiday!
Replies: 32
Views: 1623

Re: Nerd Holiday!

Why do threads like this descend into man-love?

And where did my pants go?